THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!

This book is amazing

Holes 


get book here


This book is about a kid named Stanley Yelnats who is really unlucky! One day a pair of shoes fall on his head that belong to a famous athlete. The police think he has stolen them from a homeless shelter where they were donated for a fundraiser.
He gets sent to a Juvenile Detention camp, Camp Green Lake (not that it's green or even a lake). He thinks it will be better than prison. But he finds out that it's not a camp at all. You dig a hole every day--five foot wide and five foot deep--to build character out in the middle of the desert. He meets some kids and really gets along with one of them called Zero. I would love to tell you more but don't want to spoil it for you!

I think this book has a great story! Really exciting. I absolutely loved it! Holes also has a lot of backstory of what happened at the lake (when it was still a lake), that I loved. It really worked and explained the book well and what was going on in the present story, including Stanley's no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing-great-great-grandfather, an empty headed farmer's daughter, an onion-eating donkey and the revenge of a beautiful outlaw.

I like the character growth in this book. It is so beautifully written! Probably my favourite of allllllllllllllllllllllllll the books I've read (I've read a lot)! Totally worth the read at your local library or my link above. I personally think that this is a book for everyone: boys and girls, and all ages--young and old and in the middle would enjoy this book! It was my mum's favourite book to read aloud to her class when she was a teacher (12-13 year olds). It is one I would read again, definitely.



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. This lady (Rose Caine) has recorded up to chapter 9 but there might be other ones too on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52iJ7XS0CsI

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts